PEDIATRIC NEUROLOGY SPECIALIST EXAMINATION The examination by a pediatric neurologist is an examination in childhood, and a pediatric neurologist does it. A pediatric neurologist is a specialist in childhood illnesses.
In the neuropediatric ambulance of Polyclinic Glavić, the doctor that regularly orders is a doc. Dr. sc. Radenka Kuzmanić-Šamija, pediatric specialist and pediatric neurology subspecialist from the pediatric neurology department of KBC Split.
Examinations of a specialist include brain ultrasound, EMNG, check-ups, and other pediatric neurology examinations.
The pediatric neurology examination includes:
1) NEURODEVELOPMENTAL EXAMINATION
The neurodevelopmental examination is necessary for infants with the following problems:
• Uncoordinated arm, head, and body movements appeared without any external stimuli or procedures during the childcare
• Difficulties with feeding and swallowing or refusing sucking and swallowing during feeding
• Tremor – trembling of the extremities
• Long-lasting cry that is not induced with exterior stimuli, often high-pitched, pervasive, or low
• Child bending in a bow shape while in a calm lying position or while managing the child's movements
• 'Too tight or too loose infant
After their infant phase, children with neurological risk factors, but also children without any known neurological risk factors, can have signs of neurodevelopmental disorders, as follows:
• Behavioral disorders, speech development disorders
• Clumsiness, i.e.continuous falling
• ADHD – hyperactivity with attention disorder
• Autism, mental retardation
• Cerebral paralysis
• Sleep disorders
• Difficulties in school, problematic behavior
2) NEUROLOGICAL EXAMINATION – examination of children with neurological diseases that appear in childhood, such as:
• Syncope, collapse / sudden unconsciousness
• Febrile convulsions
• Other problems related to the child's neurological system, and
• Examination of the patient's health condition for beginning neurorehabilitation with robotics.
All mentioned above is estimated about the child's age, i.e., it is necessary to assess each child individually according to their actual age and the age of adopted activities and to diagnose regular neurodevelopment or neurodevelopmental disorders in infancy.
Treatment and rehabilitation begin with diagnosis. Since the essential feature of childhood is growth and development, it is necessary to have regular check-ups of neurodevelopment with a neuro pediatrist.
Hocoma Robotics Neurorehabilitation
reference Center for EMEA Region
* Durante la cita podrás conocer a nuestros expertos, que evaluarán tu historial para sugerir el dispositivo que mejor se adecúe a tu caso y hagas una sesión de prueba gratuita.