This is a therapy method which implies a direct application of electricity for the purpose of treatment.
We classify electrotherapy in physical medicine according to frequency and direction of the current as follows:
• medium and high frequency current
• direct current
• alternating and impulsive.
According to the effect we classify it as follows:
• transcutaneous electrical neural stimulation (TENS)
• neuromuscular stimulation
Indications for therapy:
• acute and chronic painful conditions in different branches of medicine
• phantom pain
• herpes zoster
Contraindication are acute illnesses, inflammatory or infectious conditions, skin changes on the application surface, built-in permanent heart pacemaker, and pregnancy.
With modern and fully computerized electrotherapy devices, we provide a precise use of therapeutic form for all illnesses to our patients, for which we know that they have a good reaction for this kind of treatment.
Hocoma Robotics Neurorehabilitation
reference Center for EMEA Region